Patents & Trademarks
The Arkansas State Library is designated a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). As a PTRC, The Arkansas State Library offers access to the following materials and services:
- Patent Search Assistance & Training Opportunities
- Supplemental Reference Materials
- Backfile Collections & Current Issues of Patents
- Official Gazettes for Patents & Trademarks
Need more information? Our USPTO trained reference staff is happy to answer questions and provide training to inventors, businesses, attorneys and their staff or other interested persons with their U.S. patent or trademark issues.
Helpful Links from the USPTO:
- Patent FAQs; Trademark FAQs; Scam Prevention.
- Conducting a Preliminary U.S. Patent Search: A Step by Step Strategy (36 minutes)
- Conducting a U.S. Trademark Search
NOTE: The United States Patent and Trademark Office does not calculate expiration dates for patents. The Patent Term Calculator can be used to estimate the expiration dates of utility, plant, or design patents.
A Look at U.S. Patents Issued to Arkansas Inventors (2008-Present) by Innovate Arkansas:
Our reference staff can also assist with information about trademarks registered within the State of Arkansas. To register a trademark within Arkansas, contact the Arkansas Secretary of State, Business and Commercial (UCC) Servicesat 888-233-0325. Or send mail to: Business/Commercial Services, 1401 West Capitol, Ste. 250, Little Rock, Arkansas 72201.
Search Trademarks Registered with the State of Arkansas (Secretary of State's Office):
For more patent or trademark information or assistance, call us at 501-682-2053 or email us at email@example.com.