Read Across Arkansas Family Service Day
August 12, 2017: In partnership with AR Kids Read, Arkansas Department of Education's RISE Initiative, and the Arkansas State Library, citizens across the state will volunteer to read books to children at their local libraries and communities.
Libraries wishing to participate in Read Across AR can post their event on the VolunteerAR portal. Libraries may plan other activities that align with the day's theme such as library card registrations, book exchanges, and inviting local mentoring and tutoring programs to recruit long-term volunteers and youth program participants.
- Agency or Library-Related Legislation / 91st General Assembly / 2017-18
- Federal funds bring library services to Arkansas
- Institute of Museum and Library Services Issues Statement on the President’s Proposed FY 18 Budget
- President's Budget Document - America First: A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again
- State Library holds training to help state agencies comply with
Arkansas Act 781
- State Library Board to meet Friday, May 12
- State Library Board to meet Friday, Feb. 10
- State Library provides free online resources to all Arkansas residents
- 2017 Letters About Literature reading and writing contest underway
- State Library Board to meet Friday, Nov. 4
- December 2014 edition of The News
- December 2014 edition of The News for state employees
- December 2014 edition for The News for libraries
- June/July 2014 edition of The News
The ASL Needs Assessment Survey summary report is included in the May 2011 Special Edition of The News.
Here is the complete [T3] Traveling to Tomorrow Together: An Assessment of the Needs of Arkansas Libraries & State Government from the Arkansas State Library. For additional information, contact the State Librarian's Office, 501-682-1526.